Body Weight Training & Its Benefits
Body Weight exercises as the name itself suggest are exercises done using your own body weight to provide resistance against gravity. They are the oldest form of strength training exercises and can enhance one’s abilities including strength, power, endurance, speed, flexibility & more. Bodyweight training utilises simple abilities such as pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, twisting and balancing. Body weight training has gained popularity amongst youth these days due to its numerous benefits.
Top Benefits of Body Weight exercises are:
1. It is Almost Free! Since there are no machines or equipments involved, your only expense could be just a matt. No fancy gym memberships, just a towel & a matt.
2. Major Focus is on Core Strength. Body weight training are more than just bulking up or getting thicker Abs. Body weight training focuses on the inner strength and core. With Body Weight exercises you will gain better posture, relieve lower back stress, and improve overall performance.
3. No excuse not to work out. Most common reason for not working out is “no time to go to the gym” but body weight exercises eliminate this common obstacle. You only need a little space to fit in your body weight training program.
4. Reduces the Risk of Injuries. Since you are not surrounded with bunch of free weights which you might or might not be able to handle, there’s fairly very less chances of any injuries.
5. Convenient form of training. Body weight exercises can be performed anywhere with or without a personal trainer. Whether you are on a holiday or are working late in the office, all you need is to take out a few minutes to keep yourself fit.
6. It is an efficient way of burning Fat super fast! Only a few minutes of training can have a major impact on the body's metabolism.
Start your Fit journey today with Zofit: Yoga, Body Weight, Gyms & more!