Top Benefits of Stretching after Workouts
After you finish your workout, what are you most likely to do? You relax or may be go on a walk or just sleep? But that may not be the best choice. Stretching is not only a smart but also one of the most important part of any workout regime. Stretching after workout is highly recommended as when you stretch after a workout you benefit both physically and mentally.
Top Benefits of stretching after a workout are:
1. Reduces Muscle Tension & Soreness: After an intense workout your body produces lactic acid which makes the muscles fatigued and sore. Stretching not only reduces muscle tension & soreness by eliminating the lactic acid, it also allows muscle recovery & repair.
2. Increases Flexibility: Another foremost benefit of stretching is increased and enhanced flexibility. With consistent stretching your body becomes more flexible and also increases your range of motion. The more your stretch, the more flexible you become and will enable you to exercise more effectively without being injured.
3. Increases Blood Circulation: While working out on an intense workout session, your blood flow increases. Your body pumps blood faster which also increases your heartbeat at a rapid rate. Stretching helps the blood flow back at a reduced rate, allowing the body to cool down and finally return the heartbeat to a normal rate.
4. Reduces the Risk of Injuries: Increased flexibility and improved range of motion gained by constant stretching helps you to prevent injuries. Having flexible muscles can prevent unforeseen, acute and overuse injuries.
5. Stress Relief: Stretching not only helps physically but also plays an important role in helping mentally. Stretching relaxes tight, tense muscles that often accompany stress.
Start your Fit journey today with Zofit: Yoga, Body Weight, Gyms & more!