Top Food & Nutrition Tips to Follow for a Healthy Life Style!
1. Start your day with a glass of warm water with ginger, turmeric and lemon. This magic drink helps to reduce and avoid inflammation in the body, is an immunity booster, helps to keep infections at bay, kick starts metabolism.
2. Breakfast is an important meal of the day. Keep it filling yet not heavy. Meal options like a combination of fruits, porridge, Upma, south indian food, etc. are good for breakfast. They provide energy without the risk of bloating, are good source of all vitals nutrients such as healthy fats, carbohydrates, proteins, etc.
3. Lunch should always be a balanced diet with the same nutrients as above. Fibrous foods have to be particularly included in the lunch as it helps in easing the process of digestion.
4. Pulses, Curd, buttermilk, chapatis, and green veggies should specifically be included in the lunch.
5. One has to make sure that your stomach should have 50% solid food, 25% liquid which can be buttermilk, pulses, etc. and 25% should be empty for providing the space for food to move around in stomach for proper digestion.
6. Evening tea is not only an unhealthy option but also addictive. The daily source of caffeine dulls the body. Replace it with a cup on green tea, herbal tea or lemon water. A small cup of soup is also a good option.
7. Ideally dinner can be light and should consist of light foods that can be digested easily. Vegetable soup is a good option to start your dinner with. Make sure to listen to your body. If you feel your body requires light meal, go for it.
8. Make sure to fuel your body between meals with a fruit, handful of nuts and seeds, dry fruits, roasted chick peas, puffed rice, etc. These help in keeping the digestive system active and avoid building up gastric acid in stomach.
9. Seasonal and regional fruits are a high source of vitamins, minerals and help to keep overall health of the body in check. For example, Mango in summers is essential as it increases the body temperature to balance with the outside temperature hence maintaining a homeostasis with the environment.
10. All green vegetables are very high source of iron. Make sure you include them in your daily diet but also avoid over consumption as they can cause bloating too.
11. Dry fruits are an excellent source of good fats and good cholesterol. A handful of these helps in maintaining the optimal levels of fats, omega 3 fatty acids thus keeping your skin, hair, nails healthy.
12. Add spices and herbs to your food such as turmeric, coriander powder. In small quantities they not only add flavor, but also are good for health.
13. Out of all the nutrients that we consume, Vitamin D is one of the nutrients that don’t get absorbed in the body by food in a quantity that we need. To make up for it, sunlight is a good source of vitamin D. However, make sure you take your time in the sun in the morning. Sunbathing help the body to absorb and store Vitamin D.
14. Lemon is an excellent source of Vitamin C which helps to fight a lot of infections, boost immunity and purifies blood. Even though common cold and cough is a viral infection and takes its own cycle to heal, Vitamin C helps a lot in providing relief during common cold. It also helps to avoid the infections.
15. Weight loss is a complex concept and has no single rule for everyone. Yet, one single rule of a sound sleep applies to each one the same. 6-7 hours of sound sleep at night, when you’re sleeping early, helps a lot in escalating the weight loss process.
Start your Fit journey today with Zofit: Yoga, Body Weight, Gyms & more!