Reasons why you should never skip a Leg Day!
No one really looks forward to leg day. Of course, there are some exceptions, but for the majority, it’s a necessary evil.
Following are some reasons why you should never skip a Leg Day:
- You will Build more Muscle: Testosterone is a steroid hormone that is naturally produced in your body and plays a key role in the health of men, helping increase the growth of muscle mass and strength. Compound moves, such as squats and deadlifts, which use large muscle groups, help elevate your T-levels.
- Better Running Performance: Well-trained legs not only give you a strong back and core, but they also provide you with the stability you need for good running form. A strong lower body will help you in other sports as well, like swimming or cycling – both excellent forms of cross-training for runners.
- You will Burn more Calories: Your leg muscles are the biggest muscle group in your body. The more you train them, the more energy is needed to move them, which means your body will have to burn more calories. A leg workout also generates a big afterburn effect.
- You will Improve your Weight Lifting: You might not believe it, but your legs and core produce the majority of your power during heaving lifting. Yes, even when you’re bench-pressing, it is your lower body that is engaged to help provide a stable platform to pump from.
- Lastly you will not look like a Chicken: Many people focus solely on their upper body and forget about their legs (we’re talking mostly to the guys here). But strong, shapely legs are very sexy. Plus, it’s hard to work your legs without working your booty too – which isn’t a bad thing either.