Healthy Benefits of Running!
It is no secret that Running is Healthy. Whether you run for pleasure or run to deal with stress, Running improves & extend your life for several years. Following are some of the Healthy benefits of Running:
1. Strengthens The Bones And Joints: When we run the stress on our bones increases through repetitive loading. If training is planned properly to avoid overload, the bones will adapt to this stress and get stronger. Running reduces the risk of osteoarthritis and hip replacement and strengthens the intervertebral disc. Though people already affected by osteoporosis need to check with their doctor to see which type of exercise is best for them.
2. Helps You Live Long: Scientists have found that running helps prevent cardiovascular disease, fever, and allergies, reduces the risk of diabetes, stress, and depression, and improves brain function.
3. Boots Your Metabolism: While everyone burns fat differently (based on many factors), running can be a really great way to stimulate fat burn. High-intensity and low-intensity running have their own benefits for fat loss and better Metabolism.
4. Tones The Legs: Toned legs always look good. Running helps tone your outer thighs, inner thighs, hamstrings, quads, glutes, and calves. When you run, you use all the muscles in your legs, buttocks, core, and arms.
5. Lowers Your Cholesterol Levels: There are two kinds of cholesterol carriers in the body usually referred to as the “good” (HDL) and the “bad” (LDL) cholesterol. Research shows that moderate-intensity running activities are effective in increasing the “good” cholesterol, which, in turn, reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke, and coronary artery disease.
6. Helps You Get A Good Dose Of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is produced when you are out in the morning sun. It is important for your bones, skin, and immunity. But most of the time, we do not get proper sun exposure, leading to weak immunity and bones. Get up early in the morning and run to get your dose of vitamin D. It will also make you feel energetic for the rest of the day.
Health and safety suggestions with running:
- Make sure you eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Avoid eating directly before going for a run.
- Avoid running during the hottest part of the day in summer.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after your run.
- If using an iPod or headset, do not have the music too loud – stay alert and aware.
- Wear reflective materials if you're running in the early morning or at night.
- Choose well-lit, populated routes and avoid dangerous and isolated areas.
- If you injure yourself while running, stop immediately. Seek medical advice.
Start your Fit journey today with Zofit: Yoga, Body Weight, Gyms & more!